Friday 27 February 2009

Wilaya

----


Wilayat in Ghadir


Hadith no. 29: The Prophet and the Wilayat of Ali

Abu Saeed said: “When the day of Ghadir Khumm came, the Messenger of Allah commanded the caller to call out, ‘Gather for the Salat’. Then he took Ali by the hand and said, “Allah! Whomsoever I am his master, this Ali is also his master. Allah! Be a friend to that person who is a friend to him, and be an enemy to that person who is an enemy to him.”

Biharul Anwar, Volume 37, Page 112, Hadith 4

Hadith no. 30: Living the Life of a Prophet

The Messenger of Allah has said: “A person who wishes to live the life that I lived and wishes to die the way I die, and wants to reside in the perpetual Paradise which has been promised to me by my Lord should accept the Wilayat of Ali ibn Abi Talib, because he will never drag you away from the path of true guidance and he will never misguide you.”

Al-Ghadir, Volume 10, Page 278

Hadith no. 31: The Prophet and the Imamate of Ali

Jabir said: “I heard the Messenger of Allah say to Ali ibn Abi Talib: “Ali! You are my brother and my successor and my executor and my caliph over my nation both during my life and also after my death. Those who love you, love me; and those who hate you, hate me; and your enemy is my enemy.”

Al-Amali of as-Saduq, Page 124, Hadith 5

Hadith no. 32: The Pillars of Islam

Imam Baqir said: “Islam is built on five foundations: Salat, Zakat, Sawm, Hajj and Wilayat and there was no call to any of these resembling that which the people were called towards in order to accept the Wilayah on the Day of Ghadir.”

Al-Kafi, Volume 2, Page 21, Hadith 8

Hadith no. 33: The Perpetual Wilayat

Imam Ridha said: “The Wilayat of Ali has been written in all of the books of the (previous) Prophets and Allah did not appoint a single Messenger except with a (pledge to the) Prophethood of Muhammad and the successorship of Ali.”

Safinatul Bihar, Volume 2, Page 691

Hadith no. 34: Wilayat and Tawhid

The Messenger of Allah has said, “The Wilayat of Ali ibn Abi Talib is the Wilayat of Allah; love for him is worship of Allah; following him is an obligatory act from Allah; his friends are the friends of Allah and his enemies are the enemies of Allah; fighting with him is fighting against Allah; and making peace with him is making peace with Allah, the Noble and Grand.”

Al-Amali of as-Saduq, Page 32

Hadith no. 35: The Day of the Cry of Despair of Shaitan

Imam Baqir has said that: “Iblees, the enemy of Allah, cried four times: The day when he was cursed; the day when he was sent down to the Earth; the day when the Prophet was officially appointed ; and on the Day of Ghadir.”

Qurbul Isnad, Page 10

Hadith no. 36: The Wilayat of Ali is the Fortress of Tawhid

Holy Prophet said: “Allah, the Glorious and High, has said, ‘The Wilayat of Ali ibn Abi Talib is My fortress, so whoever enters into My fortress will be protected from My fire’.”

Jami al-Akhbar, Page 52, Hadith 7

Hadith no. 37: The Successor of the Prophet

The Messenger of Allah has said, “Ali! I am the city of knowledge and you are its gate and no one can enter into the city except by going through its gate. You are the Imam of my nation and you are my successor. Blessed is the person who obeys you and depraved is the person who disobeys you. One who follows you will succeed, while the one who turns away from you will be in a loss.”

Jami al-Akhbar, Page 52, Hadith 9

Hadith no. 38: Islam in the Shadow of Wilayat

Imam Jafar has said: “The fundamental pillars of Islam are three: Salat, Zakat and Wilayat. No one of these will be valid unless accompanied by the other two.”

Al-Kafi, Volume 2, Page 18

Hadith no. 39: A Thousand Witnesses

Imam Jafar has said, “Hafsa! I am surprised at what happened to Ali ibn Abi Talib!! Despite having tens of thousands of witnesses he could not claim his right when in reality a person needs only two witnesses to claim what is rightfully his!”

Biharul Anwar, Volume 37, Page 140

Hadith no. 40: Ali, The Commentator of the Quran

From the Prophet, in his address on the Day of Ghadir: “Ali is the exegesis (Tafsir) of the book of Allah and the one who calls others to it. Verily, that which is permitted and forbidden is more than what I can explain to you; what I command you as permitted and forbid you as prohibited, is all from one position. I was commanded to take your allegiance and your pledge to accept what I brought from Allah, the Exalted, regarding Ali, the commander of the believers, and the Imams after him. People! Ponder and understand the verses (of the Quran), observe those that are clear and do not follow those that are unclear; for by Allah no one can explain to you its limitations or clarify its meanings except the one whose hand I am holding (meaning Imam Ali).”

Wasail ash-Shia, Volume 18, Page 142, Hadith 43

[ Source: al-shia.com]

----

No comments:

Post a Comment