Sunday 10 October 2010

Fatima in Bukhari

--

Two Collections of Hadith from Bukhari. Selected and Complete.

--

Fatima in Sahih Al Bukhari


Hadith number: 3426

The Prophet said: “Fatima is the leader of the women in Paradise.”

[NOT EVEN ADDED IN THE ENGLISH EDITION]

[1636]

The Prophet said: “Fatima is the leader of the women in Paradise.”

[NOT EVEN ADDED IN THE ENGLISH EDITION]

3623

3624

Narrated by Aisha:

“Once Fatima came walking and her gait resembled the gait of the Prophet .

The Prophet said,

‘Welcome, O my daughter!’

Then he made her sit on his right or on his left side, and then he told her a secret and she started weeping.

I asked her,

‘Why are you weeping?’

He again told her a secret and she started laughing.

I said,

‘I never saw happiness so near to sadness as I saw today.’

I asked her what the Prophet had told her.

She said,

‘I would never disclose the secret of the Prophet.

When the Prophet died, I asked her about it.

She replied:

‘The Prophet said:

‘Every year Gabriel used to revise the Quran with me once only, but this year he has done so twice. I think this portends my death, and you will be the first of my family to follow.’

So I started weeping.

Then he said.

‘Don’t you like to be the leader of all the women of Paradise or the leader of all the lady believers?’

So for that I laughed’.”

[Bukhari: v.4 b.56 h.819]


A similar tradition:

6285

--


[3714]

Narrated by Al-Miswar bin Makhrama:

The Prophet said, Fatima is a part of me, so whoever angers her, has angered me.”

[Bukhari: v.5 b.57 h.61]


3767

Narrated by Al-Miswar bin Makhrama:

 The Prophet said, Fatima is a part of me, so whoever angers her, has angered me.”

[Bukhari: v.5 b.57 h.111]


5230

Narrated by Al-Miswar bin Makhrama:

“I heard the Prophet who was on the pulpit, saying,

‘Banu Hisham bin Al-Mughira have requested me to allow them to marry their daughter to Ali, but I don’t give permission, and will not give permission unless Ali divorces my daughter in order to marry their daughter, because Fatima is a part of my body, and I hate what she hates to see, and what hurts her, hurts me’.”

[Bukhari: v.7 b.62 h.157]


4240

Narrated by Aisha:

“Fatima the daughter of the Prophet sent someone to Abu Bakr (when he was a caliph), asking for her inheritance of what the Prophet had left of the property bestowed on him by Allah from the Fai in Medina, and Fadak, and what remained of the Khumus of the Khaibar booty.

On that, Abu Bakr said,

The Prophet said, ‘Our property is not inherited. Whatever we leave, is Charity, but the family of Muhammad can eat of this property.’ By Allah, I will not make any change in the state of the Charity of the Prophet and will leave it as it was during the lifetime of the Prophet, and will dispose of it as the Prophet used to do.

So Abu Bakr refused to give anything of that to Fatima. So she became angry with Abu Bakr and kept away from him, and did not speak to him till she died. She remained alive for six months after the death of the Prophet. When she died, her husband Ali buried her at night without informing Abu Bakr and he said the funeral prayer by himself.

When Fatima was alive, the people used to respect Ali much, but after her death, Ali noticed a change in the people’s attitude towards him. So Ali sought reconciliation with Abu Bakr and gave him an oath of allegiance. Ali had not given the oath of allegiance during those months (i.e. the period between the Prophet’s death and Fatima’s death).

Ali sent someone to Abu Bakr saying, ‘Come to us, but let nobody come with you,’ as he disliked that Umar should come.

Umar said (to Abu Bakr), ‘No, by Allah, you shall not enter upon them alone.’

Abu Bakr said, ‘What do you think they will do to me? By Allah, I will go to them.’

So Abu Bakr entered upon them, and then Ali testified for Allah and said (to Abu Bakr), ‘We know well your preference and what Allah has given you, and we are not jealous of the good that Allah has bestowed upon you, but you did not consult us in the question of the rule and we thought that we have got a right in it because of our near relationship to the Prophet.’

Thereupon Abu Bakr’s eyes flowed with tears. And when Abu Bakr spoke, he said, ‘By Him in Whose Hand my soul is to keep good relations with the relatives of the Prophet is dearer to me than to keep good relations with my own relatives. But as for the trouble which arose between me and you about his property, I will do my best to spend it according to what is good, and will not leave any rule or regulation which I saw the Prophet following, in disposing of it, but I will follow.’

On that Ali said to Abu Bakr, ‘I promise to give you the oath of allegiance in this after noon.’

So when Abu Bakr had offered the Zuhr prayer, he ascended the pulpit and testified for Allah and then mentioned the story of Ali and his failure to give the oath of allegiance, and excused him, accepting what excuses he had offered.

Then Ali stood praying (to Allah) for forgiveness, he testified for Allah, praised Abu Bakr’s right, and said, that he had not done what he had done because of jealousy of Abu Bakr or as a protest of that Allah had favoured him with. Ali added, ‘But we used to consider that we too had some right in this affair (of rulership) and that he (i.e. Abu Bakr) did not consult us in this matter, and therefore caused us to feel sorry.’

On that all the Muslims became happy and said, ‘You have done the right thing.’

The Muslims then became friendly with Ali as he returned to what the people had done (i.e. giving the oath of allegiance to Abu Bakr).”

[Bukhari: v.5 b.59 h.546]


6726

Narrated by Aisha:

“Fatima and Al Abbas came to Abu Bakr, seeking their share from the property of the Prophet and at that time, they were asking for their land at Fadak and their share from Khaibar.

Abu Bakr said to them,

I have heard from the Prophet saying, ‘Our property cannot be inherited, and whatever we leave is to be spent in Charity’, but the family of Muhammad may take their provisions from this property.

Abu Bakr added,

‘By Allah, I will not leave the procedure I saw the Prophet following during his lifetime concerning this property.’

Therefore Fatima left Abu Bakr and did not speak to him till she died.”

[Bukhari: v.8 b.80 h.718]

--


FATIMA IN BUKHARI

Bukhari 1:4 -- 241

According to Abdullah bin Masud

Once the Prophet was offering prayers at the Kaba. Abu Jahl was sitting with some of his companions. One of them said to the others, "Who amongst you will bring the abdominal contents (intestines etc.) of a camel of Bani so and so and put it on the back of Muhammad, when he prostrates?" The most unfortunate of them got up and brought it. He waited till the Prophet prostrated and then placed it on his back between his shoulders. I was watching but could not do any thing. I wish I had some people with me to hold out against them. They started laughing and falling on one another. Prophet was in prostration and he did not lift his head up till FATIMA (Prophet’s daughter) came and threw that (camel's abdominal contents) away from his back. He raised his head and said thrice, "O ALLAH! Punish Quraish." So it was hard for Abu Jahl and his companions when the Prophet invoked ALLAH against them as they had a conviction that the prayers and invocations were accepted in this city (Mecca). The Prophet said, "O ALLAH! Punish Abu Jahl, Utba bin Rabi'a, Shaiba bin Rabi'a, Al-Walid bin Utba, Umaiya bin Khalaf, and Uqba bin Al Mu'it (and he mentioned the seventh whose name I cannot recall). By ALLAH in Whose Hands my life is, I saw the dead bodies of those persons who were counted by Prophet in the Qalib (one of the wells) of Badr.

--

Bukhari 1:4 -- 244

According to Abu Hazim

Sahl bin Sad As-Saidi, was asked by the people, "With what was the wound of the Prophet treated? Sahl replied, "None remains among the people living who knows that better than I. Ali used to bring water in his shield and FATIMA used to wash the blood off his face. Then straw mat was burnt and the wound was filled with it."

--

Bukhari 1:5 -- 278

Reported by Um Hani bint Abi Talib

I went to Prophet in the year of the conquest of Mecca and found him taking a bath while FATIMA was screening him. The Prophet asked, "Who is it?" I replied, "I am Um-Hani."

--


Bukhari 1:8 -- 353

According to Abu Murra, (freed slave of Um Hani)

Um Hani, the daughter of Abi Talib said, "I went to Prophet in the year of the conquest of Mecca and found him taking a bath and his daughter FATIMA was screening him. I greeted him. He asked, 'Who is she?' I replied, 'I am Um Hani bint Abi Talib.' He said, 'Welcome! O Um Hani.' When he finished his bath he stood up and prayed eight Rak at while wearing a single garment wrapped round his body and when he finished I said, 'O Prophet ! My brother has told me that he will kill a person whom I gave shelter and that person is so and so the son of Hubaira.' The Prophet said, 'We shelter the person whom you have sheltered.' " Um Ham added, "And that was before noon (Duha)."

--

Bukhari 1:8 -- 432

According to Sahl bin Sad

Prophet went to FATIMA’S house but did not find Ali there. So he asked, "Where is your cousin?" She replied, "There was something between us and he got angry with me and went out. He did not sleep (mid-day nap) in the house." Prophet asked a person to look for him. That person came and said, "O Prophet! He (Ali) is sleeping in the mosque." Prophet went there and Ali was lying. His upper body cover had fallen down to one side of his body and he was covered with dust. Prophet started cleaning the dust from him saying: "Get up! O Aba Turab. Get up! O Aba Turab (literally means: O father of dust).

--

Bukhari 1:9 -- 499

According to Amr bin Maimuin

Abdullah bin Masud said, "While Prophet was praying beside the Kaba, there were some Quraish people sitting in a gathering. One of them said, 'Don't you see this (who does deeds just to show off)? Who amongst you can go and bring the dung, blood and the abdominal contents (intestines, etc). of the slaughtered camels of the family of so and so and then wait till he prostrates and put that in between his shoulders?' The most unfortunate amongst them (Uqba bin Abi Mu'ait) went (and brought them) and when Prophet prostrated, he put them between his shoulders. The Prophet remained in prostration and they laughed so much so that they fell on each other. A passerby went to FATIMA, who was a young girl in those days. She came running and the Prophet was still in prostration. She removed them and cursed upon the Quraish on their faces. When Prophet completed his prayer, he said, 'O ALLAH! Take revenge on Quraish.' He said so thrice and added, 'O ALLAH! take revenge on Amr bin Hisham, Utba bin Rabia, Shaiba bin Rabi'a, Al-Walid bin Utba, Umaiya bin Khalaf, Uqba bin Abi Mu'ait and Umar a bin Al-Walid." Abdullah added, "By ALLAH! I saw all of them dead in the battle field on the day of Badr and they were dragged and thrown in the Qalib (a well) at Badr: Prophet then said, ALLAH's curse has descended upon the people of the Qalib (well).

--

Bukhari 2:21 -- 227

According to Ali bin Abi Talib

One night Prophet came to me and FATIMA, the daughter of the Prophet and asked, "Won't you pray (at night)?" I said, "O Prophet! Our souls are in the hands of ALLAH and if He wants us to get up He will make us get up." When I said that, he left us without saying anything and I heard that he was hitting his thigh and saying, "But man is more quarrelsome than anything." (18.54)

--

Bukhari 3:31 -- 180

According to Abu Usama from Hisham bin Ursa from FATIMA

Asma bint Abi Bakr said, "We broke our fast during the lifetime of the Prophet on a cloudy day and then the sun appeared." Hisham was asked, "Were they ordered to fast in lieu of that day?" He replied, "It had to be made up for." Mamar said, "I heard Hisham saying, "I don't know whether they fasted in lieu of that day or not."

--

Bukhari 3:34 -- 302

According to Ali

I got an old she-camel as my share from the booty, and the Prophet had given me another from Al-Khumus. And when I intended to marry FATIMA (daughter of the Prophet), I arranged that a goldsmith from the tribe of Bani Qainuqa would accompany me in order to bring Idhkhir and then sell it to the goldsmiths and use its price for my marriage banquet.

--

Bukhari 3:34 -- 333

According to Abu Huraira Ad-Dausi

Once the Prophet went out during the day. Neither did he talk to me nor I to him till he reached the market of Bani Qainuqa and then he sat in the compound of FATIMA’S house and asked about the small boy (his grandson Al-Hasan) but FATIMA kept the boy in for a while. I thought she was either changing his clothes or giving the boy a bath. After a while the boy came out running and the Prophet embraced and kissed him and then said, 'O ALLAH! Love him, and love whoever loves him.'

--

Bukhari 3:40 -- 563

According to Husain bin Ali

Ali bin Abi Talib said: "I got a she-camel as my share of the war booty on the day (of the battle) of Badr, and Prophet gave me another she-camel. I let both of them kneel at the door of one of the Ansar, intending to carry Idhkhir on them to sell it and use its price for my wedding banquet on marrying FATIMA. A goldsmith from Bam Qainqa was with me. Hamza bin Abdul-Muttalib was in that house drinking wine and a lady singer was reciting: "O Hamza! (Kill) the (two) fat old she camels (and serve them to your guests)." So Hamza took his sword and went towards the two she-camels and cut off their humps and opened their flanks and took a part of their livers." (I said to Ibn Shihab, "Did he take part of the humps?" He replied, "He cut off their humps and carried them away.") Ali further said, "When I saw that dreadful sight, I went to the Prophet and told him the news. The Prophet came out in the company of Zaid bin Haritha who was with him then, and I too went with them. He went to Hamza and spoke harshly to him. Hamza looked up and said, 'Aren't you only the slaves of my forefathers?' The Prophet retreated and went out. This incident happened before the prohibition of drinking."

--

Bukhari 3:47 -- 755

According to Urwa from Aisha

The wives of Prophet were in two groups. One group consisted of Aisha, Hafsa, Safiyya and Sauda; and the other group consisted of Um Salama and the other wives of Prophet. The Muslims knew that Prophet loved Aisha, so if any of them had a gift and wished to give to Prophet, he would delay it, till Prophet had come to Aisha's home and then he would send his gift to Prophet in her home. The group of Um Salama discussed the matter together and decided that Um Salama should request Prophet to tell the people to send their gifts to him in whatever wife's house he was. Um Salama told Prophet of what they had said, but he did not reply. Then they (those wives) asked Um Salama about it. She said, "He did not say anything to me." They asked her to talk to him again. She talked to him again when she met him on her day, but he gave no reply. When they asked her, she replied that he had given no reply. They said to her, "Talk to him till he gives you a reply." When it was her turn, she talked to him again. He then said to her, "Do not hurt me regarding Aisha, as the Divine Inspirations do not come to me on any of the beds except that of Aisha." On that Um Salama said, "I repent to ALLAH for hurting you." Then the group of Um Salama called FATIMA, the daughter of Prophet and sent her to Prophet to say to him, "Your wives request to treat them and the daughter of Abu Bakr on equal terms." Then FATIMA conveyed the message to him. The Prophet said, "O my daughter! Don't you love whom I love?" She replied in the affirmative and returned and told them of the situation. They requested her to go to him again but she refused. They then sent Zainab bint Jahsh who went to him and used harsh words saying, "Your wives request you to treat them and the daughter of Ibn Abu Quhafa on equal terms." On that she raised her voice and abused Aisha to her face so much so that Prophet looked at Aisha to see whether she would retort. Aisha started replying to Zainab till she silenced her. The Prophet then looked at Aisha and said, "She is really the daughter of Abu Bakr." 

--

Bukhari 3:47 -- 783

According to Ibn Umar

Once the Prophet went to the house of FATIMA but did not enter it. Ali came and she told him about that. When Ali asked the Prophet about it, he said, "I saw a (multi-colored) decorated curtain on her door. I am not interested in worldly things." Ali went to FATIMA and told her about it. FATIMA said, "I am ready to dispense with it in the way he suggests." The Prophet ordered her to send it to such-and-such needy people. "

--

Bukhari 3:49 -- 863

According to Al-Bara

When the Prophet intended to perform Umra in the month of Dhul-Qada, the people of Mecca did not let him enter Mecca till he settled the matter with them by promising to stay in it for three days only. When the document of treaty was written, the following was mentioned: 'These are the terms on which Muhammad, Prophet agreed (to make peace).' They said, "We will not agree to this, for if we believed that you are Prophet we would not prevent you, but you are Muhammad bin Abdullah." The Prophet said, "I am Prophet and also Muhammad bin Abdullah." Then he said to Ali, "Rub off (the words) 'Prophet' ", but Ali said, "No, by ALLAH, I will never rub off your name." So, Prophet took the document and wrote, 'This is what Muhammad bin Abdullah has agreed upon: No arms will be brought into Mecca except in their cases, and nobody from the people of Mecca will be allowed to go with him (the Prophet) even if he wished to follow him and he (Prophet) will not prevent any of his companions from staying in Mecca if the latter wants to stay.' When the Prophet entered Mecca and the time limit passed, the Meccans went to Ali and said, "Tell your Friend (the Prophet ) to go out, as the period (agreed to) has passed." So, the Prophet went out of Mecca. The daughter of Hamza ran after them (Prophet and his companions), calling, "O Uncle! O Uncle!" Ali received her and led her by the hand and said to FATIMA, "Take your uncle's daughter." Zaid and Jafar quarrel ed about her. Ali said, "I have more right to her as she is my uncle's daughter." Jafar said, "She is my uncle's daughter, and her aunt is my wife." Zaid said, "She is my brother's daughter." The Prophet judged that she should be given to her aunt, and said that the aunt was like the mother. He then said to Ali, "You are from me and I am from you", and said to Jafar, "You resemble me both in character and appearance", and said to Zaid, "You are our brother (in faith) and our freed slave." 

--

Bukhari 4:51 -- 16

According to Abu Huraira

When ALLAH revealed the Verse: "Warn your nearest kinsmen," Prophet got up and said, "O people of Quraish (or said similar words)! Buy (save) yourselves (from the Hellfire) as I cannot save you from ALLAH's Punishment; O Bani Abd Manaf! I cannot save you from ALLAH's Punishment, O Safiya, the Aunt of Prophet! I cannot save you from ALLAH's Punishment; O FATIMA bint Muhammad! Ask me anything from my wealth, but I cannot save you from ALLAH's Punishment."

--

Bukhari 4:52 -- 152

According to Sahl

When the helmet of the Prophet was smashed on his head and blood covered his face and one of his front teeth got broken, Ali brought the water in his shield and FATIMA the Prophet’s daughter) washed him. But when she saw that the bleeding increased more by the water, she took a mat, burnt it, and placed the ashes on the wound of the Prophet and so the blood stopped oozing out.

--

Bukhari 4:52 -- 159

According to Sahl

That he was asked about the wound of the Prophet on the day (of the battle) of Uhud. He said, "The face of the Prophet as wounded and one of his front teeth as broken and the helmet over his head was smashed. FATIMA washed of the blood while Ali held water. When she saw that bleeding was increasing continuously, she burnt a mat (of date-palm leaves) till it turned into ashes which she put over the wound and thus the bleeding ceased."

--

Bukhari 4:52 -- 185

According to Abdullah

Once the Prophet was offering the prayer in the shade of the Kaba. Abu Jahl and some Quraishi men sent somebody to bring the abdominal contents of a shecamel which had been slaughtered somewhere in Mecca, and when he brought them, they put them over the Prophet. Then FATIMA (Prophet’s daughter) came and threw them away from him, and he said, "O ALLAH! Destroy (the pagans of) Quraish; O ALLAH! Destroy Quraish; O ALLAH Destroy Quraish," naming especially Abu Jahl bin Hisham, Utba bin Rabi'a, Shaiba bin Rabi'a, Al Walid bin Utba, Ubai bin Khalaf and Uqba bin Abi Mitt. (The narrator, Abdullah added, "I saw them all killed and thrown in the Badr well).

--

Bukhari 4:52 -- 274

According to Abu Hazim

The people asked Sahl bin Sad As-Sa idi "With what thing (medicine) was the wound of Prophet treated?" He replied, "There is none left (living) amongst the people who knows it better than. Ali used to bring water in his shield and FATIMA (Prophet’s daughter) used to wash the blood off his face. Then a mat (of palm leaves) was burnt and its ash was inserted in the wound of Prophet."

--

Bukhari 4:53 -- 324

According to Ali

I got a she-camel in my share of the war booty on the day (of the battle) of Badr, and the Prophet had given me a she-camel from the Khumus. When I intended to marry FATIMA, the daughter of Prophet, I had an appointment with a goldsmith from the tribe of Bani Qainuqa to go with me to bring Idhkhir (grass of pleasant smell) and sell it to the goldsmiths and spend its price on my wedding party. I was collecting for my she-camels equipment of saddles, sacks and ropes while my two she-camels were kneeling down beside the room of an Ansari man. I returned after collecting whatever I collected, to see the humps of my two she-camels cut off and their flanks cut open and some portion of their livers was taken out. When I saw that state of my two she-camels, I could not help weeping. I asked, "Who has done this?" The people replied, "Hamza bin Abdul Muttalib who is staying with some Ansari drunks in this house." I went away till I reached the Prophet and Zaid bin Haritha was with him. The Prophet noticed on my face the effect of what I had suffered, so the Prophet asked. "What is wrong with you." I replied, "O Prophet! I have never seen such a day as today. Hamza attacked my two she-camels, cut off their humps, and ripped open their flanks, and he is sitting there in a house in the company of some drunks." The Prophet then asked for his covering sheet, put it on, and set out walking followed by me and Zaid bin Haritha till he came to the house where Hamza was. He asked permission to enter, and they allowed him, and they were drunk. Prophet started rebuking Hamza for what he had done, but Hamza was drunk and his eyes were red. Hamza looked at Prophet and then he raised his eyes, looking at his knees, then he raised up his eyes looking at his umbilicus, and again he raised up his eyes look in at his face. Hamza then said, "Aren't you but the slaves of my father?" Prophet realized that he was drunk, so Prophet retreated, and we went out with him.

--

Bukhari 4:53 -- 325

According to Aisha

After the death of the Prophet, FATIMA the daughter of Prophet asked Abu Bakr As-Siddiq to give her, her share of inheritance from what Prophet had left of the Fai (booty gained without fighting) which ALLAH had given him. Abu Bakr said to her, "Prophet said, 'Our property will not be inherited, whatever we (the Prophets) leave is Sadaqa (to be used for charity)." FATIMA, the daughter of Prophet got angry and stopped speaking to Abu Bakr, and continued assuming that attitude till she died. FATIMA remained alive for six months after the death of Prophet. She used to ask Abu Bakr for her share from the property of Prophet which he left at Khaibar, and Fadak, and his property at Medina (devoted for charity). Abu Bakr refused to give her that property and said, "I will not leave anything Prophet used to do, because I am afraid that if I left something from the Prophet’s tradition, then I would go astray." (Later on) Umar gave the Prophet’s property (of Sadaqa) at Medina to Ali and Abbas, but he withheld the properties of Khaibar and Fadak in his custody and said, "These two properties are the Sadaqa which Prophet used to use for his expenditures and urgent needs. Now their management is to be entrusted to the ruler." (Az-Zuhrl said, "They have been managed in this way till today.")

--

Bukhari 4:53 -- 342

According to Ali bin Al-Husain

That when they reached Medina after returning from Yazid bin Mu'awaiya after the martyrdom of Husain bin Ali (may ALLAH bestow His Mercy upon him), Al-Miswar bin Makhrama met him and said to him, "Do you have any need you may order me to satisfy?" Ali said, "No." Al-Miswar said, Will you give me the sword of Prophet for I am afraid that people may take it from you by force? By ALLAH, if you give it to me, they will never be able to take it till I die." When Ali bin Abu Talib demanded the hand of the daughter of Abi Jahal to be his wife besides FATIMA, I heard Prophet on his pulpit delivering a sermon in this connection before the people, and I had then attained my age of puberty. Prophet said, "FATIMA is from me, and I am afraid she will be subjected to trials in her religion (because of jealousy)." The Prophet then mentioned one of his son-in-law who was from the tribe of Abu Shams, and he praised him as a good son-in-law, saying, "Whatever he said was the truth, and he promised me and fulfilled his promise. I do not make a legal thing illegal, nor do I make an illegal thing legal, but by ALLAH, the daughter of Prophet and the daughter of (Abu Jahl) the enemy of ALLAH can never get together (as the wives of one man) (See Hadith No. 76, Vo. 5).

--

Bukhari 4:53 -- 344

According to Ali

FATIMA complained of what she suffered from the hand mill and from grinding, when she got the news that some slave girls of the booty had been brought to Prophet. She went to him to ask for a maid-servant, but she could not find him, and told Aisha of her need. When the Prophet came, Aisha informed him of that. The Prophet came to our house when we had gone to our beds. (On seeing the Prophet) we were going to get up, but he said, 'Keep at your places,' I felt the coolness of the Prophet’s feet on my chest. Then he said, "Shall I tell you a thing which is better than what you asked me for? When you go to your beds, say: ‘Allaoakber’ [God is Greatest] thirty-four times, and ‘Alamdolillah’ [Praise be to God] thirty-three times, and ‘Subanalla’ [Glorious is God] thirty-three times. This is better for you than what you have requested."

--

Bukhari 4:53 -- 396

According to Um Hani, the daughter of Abu Talib

I went to Prophet on the day of the conquest of Mecca and found him taking a bath, and his daughter FATIMA was screening him. I greeted him and he asked, "Who is that?" I said, "I, Um Hani bint Abi Talib." He said, "Welcome, O Um Hani." When he had finished his bath, he stood up and offered eight Rakat while dressed in one garment. I said, "O Prophet! My brother Ali has declared that he will kill a man to whom I have granted asylum. The man is so and-so bin Hubaira." Prophet said, "O Um Hani! We will grant asylum to the one whom you have granted asylum." (Um Hani said, "That (visit) took place in the Duha (forenoon)).

--

Bukhari 4:53 -- 409

According to Abdullah

While the Prophet was in the state of prostration, surrounded by a group of people from Quraish pagans. Uqba bin Abi Mu'ait came and brought the intestines of a camel and threw them on the back of the Prophet . The Prophet did not raise his head from prostration till FATIMA (his daughter) came and removed those intestines from his back, and invoked evil on whoever had done (the evil deed). The Prophet said, "O ALLAH! Destroy the chiefs of Quraish, O ALLAH! Destroy Abu Jahl bin Hisham, Utba bin Rabi'a, Shaiba bin Rabi'a. Uqba bin Abi Mu'ait Umaiya bin Khalaf (or Ubai bin Kalaf)." Later on I saw all of them killed during the battle of Badr and their bodies were thrown into a well except the body of Umaiya or Ubai, because he was a fat person, and when he was pulled, the parts of his body got separated before he was thrown into the well.

--

Bukhari 4:56 -- 681

According to Aisha

The people of Quraish worried about the lady from Bani Makhzum who had committed theft. They asked, "Who will intercede for her with Prophet?" Some said, "No one dare to do so except Usama bin Zaid the beloved one to Prophet ." When Usama spoke about that to Prophet Prophet said, (to him), "Do you try to intercede for somebody in a case connected with ALLAH's Prescribed Punishments?" Then he got up and delivered a sermon saying, "What destroyed the nations preceding you, was that if a noble amongst them stole, they would forgive him, and if a poor person amongst them stole, they would inflict ALLAH's Legal punishment on him. By ALLAH, if FATIMA, the daughter of Muhammad stole, I would cut off her hand."

--

Bukhari 4:56 -- 728

According to Abu Huraira

The Prophet said, "O Bani Abd Munaf! Buy yourselves from ALLAH; O Bani Abdul-Muttalib! Buy yourselves from ALLAH; O mother of Az-Zubair bin Al-Awwam, the aunt of Prophet, and O FATIMA bint Muhammad! Buy yourselves from ALLAH, for I cannot defend you before ALLAH. You (both) can ask me from my property as much as you like. "

--

Bukhari 4:56 -- 819

According to Aisha

Once FATIMA came walking and her gait resembled the gait of the Prophet . The Prophet said, "Welcome, O my daughter!" Then he made her sit on his right or on his left side, and then he told her a secret and she started weeping. I asked her, "Why are you weeping?" He again told her a secret and she started laughing. I said, "I never saw happiness so near to sadness as I saw today." I asked her what the Prophet had told her. She said, "I would never disclose the secret of Prophet ." When the Prophet died, I asked her about it. She replied. "The Prophet said.) 'Every year Gabriel used to revise the Qur'an with me once only, but this year he has done so twice. I think this portends my death, and you will be the first of my family to follow me.' So I started weeping. Then he said. 'Don't you like to be the mistress of all the ladies of Paradise or the mistress of all the lady believers? So I laughed for that."

--

Bukhari 4:56 -- 820

According to Aisha

The Prophet in his fatal illness, called his daughter FATIMA and told her a secret because of which she started weeping. Then he called her and told her another secret, and she started laughing. When I asked her about that, she replied, The Prophet told me that he would die in his fatal illness, and so I wept, but then he secretly told me that from amongst his family, I would be the first to join him, and so I laughed."

--

Bukhari 5:57 -- 53

According to Abu Hazim

A man came to Sahl bin Sad and said, "This is so-and-so," meaning the Governor of Medina, "He is calling Ali bad names near the pulpit." Sahl asked, "What is he saying?" He (the man) replied, "He calls him (Ali) Abu Turab." Sahl laughed and said, "By ALLAH, none but the Prophet called him by this name and no name was dearer to Ali than this." So I asked Sahl to tell me more, saying, "O Abu Abbas! How (was this name given to Ali)?" Sahl said, "Ali went to FATIMA and then came out and slept in the Mosque. The Prophet asked FATIMA, "Where is your cousin?" She said, "In the Mosque." The Prophet went to him and found that his (Ali's) covering sheet had slipped of his back and dust had soiled his back. The Prophet started wiping the dust off his back and said twice, "Get up! O Abu Turab (father of the earth)." 

--

Bukhari 5:57 -- 55

According to Ali

FATIMA complained of the suffering caused to her by the hand mill. Some Captives were brought to the Prophet, she came to him but did not find him at home Aisha was present there to whom she told (of her desire for a servant). When the Prophet came, Aisha informed him about FATIMA’S visit. Ali added "So the Prophet came to us, while we had gone to our bed I wanted to get up but the Prophet said, "Remain at your place". Then he sat down between us till I found the coolness of his feet on my chest. Then he said, "Shall I teach you a thing which is better than what you have asked me? When you go to bed, say, ‘Allaoakber’ [God is Greatest] thirty-four times, and ‘Subanalla’ [Glorious is God] thirty-three times, and ‘Alamdolillah’ [Praise be to God] thirty-three times for that is better for you both than a servant."

--

Bukhari 5:57 -- 60

According to Aisha

FATIMA sent somebody to Abu Bakr asking him to give her her inheritance from the Prophet from what ALLAH had given to His Prophet through Fai (booty gained without fighting). She asked for the Sadaqa (wealth assigned for charitable purposes) of the Prophet at Medina, and Fadak, and what remained of the Khumus (one-fifth) of the Khaibar booty. Abu Bakr said, "Prophet said, 'We (Prophets), our property is not inherited, and whatever we leave is Sadaqa, but Muhammad's Family can eat from this property, ALLAH's property, but they have no right to take more than the food they need.' By ALLAH! I will not bring any change in dealing with the Sadaqa of the Prophet (and will keep them) as they used to be observed in his (Prophet’s) life-time, and I will dispose with it as Prophet used to do," Then Ali said, "I testify that None has the right to be worshipped but ALLAH, and that Muhammad is His Messenger," and added, "O Abu Bakr! We acknowledge your superiority." Then he (Ali) mentioned their own relationship to Prophet and their right. Abu Bakr then spoke saying, "By ALLAH in Whose Hands my life is. I love to do good to the relatives of Prophet rather than to my own relatives" Abu Bark added: Look at Muhammad through his family (if you are no good to his family you are not good to him).

--

Bukhari 5:57 -- 61

According to Al-Miswar bin Makhrama

Prophet said, "FATIMA is a part of me, and he who makes her angry, makes me angry."

--

Bukhari 5:57 -- 62

According to Aisha

The Prophet called his daughter FATIMA during his illness in which he died, and told her a secret whereupon she wept. Then he called her again and told her a secret whereupon she laughed. When I asked her about that, she replied, "The Prophet spoke to me in secret and informed me that he would die in the course of the illness during which he died, so I wept. He again spoke to me in secret and informed me that I would be the first of his family to follow him (after his death) and on that I laughed."

--

Bukhari 5:57 -- 76

According to Al-Miswar bin Makhrama

Ali demanded the hand of the daughter of Abu Jahl. FATIMA heard of this and went to Prophet saying, "Your people think that you do not become angry for the sake of your daughters as Ali is now going to marry the daughter of Abu Jahl. "On that Prophet got up and after his recitation of Tashah-hud. I heard him saying, "Then after! I married one of my daughters to Abu Al-As bin Al-Rabi' (the husband of Zainab, the daughter of the Prophet ) before Islam and he proved truthful in whatever he said to me. No doubt, FATIMA is a part of me, I hate to see her being troubled. By ALLAH, the daughter of Prophet and the daughter of ALLAH's Enemy cannot be the wives of one man." So Ali gave up that engagement. Al-Miswar further said: I heard the Prophet talking and he mentioned a son-in-law of his belonging to the tribe of Bani Abd-Shams. He highly praised him concerning that relationship and said (whenever) he spoke to me, he spoke the truth, and whenever he promised me, he fulfilled his promise."

--

Bukhari 5:57 -- 79

According to Aisha

The people of the Quraish tribe were worried about the Makhzumiya woman. They said. "Nobody dare speak to him (Prophet ) except Usama bin Zaid as he is the most beloved to Prophet." Aisha said, "A woman from Bani Makhzumiya committed a theft and the people said, 'Who can intercede with the Prophet for her?' So nobody dared speak to him (the Prophet) but Usama bin Zaid spoke to him. The Prophet said, 'If a reputable man amongst the children of Bani Israel committed a theft, they used to forgive him, but if a poor man committed a theft, they would cut his hand. But I would cut even the hand of FATIMA (my daughter) if she committed a theft."

--

Bukhari 5:57 -- 111

According to Al-Miswar bin Makhrama

Prophet said, "FATIMA is a part of me, and whoever makes her angry, makes me angry."

--

Bukhari 5:58 -- 193

According to Abdullah

While the Prophet was prostrating, surrounded by some of Quraish, Uqba bin Abi Mu'ait brought the intestines (abdominal contents) of a camel and put them over the back of the Prophet. The Prophet did not raise his head, (till) FATIMA, came and took it off his back and cursed the one who had done the harm. The Prophet said, "O ALLAH! Destroy the chiefs of Quraish, Abu Jahl bin Hisham, Utba bin Rabi'al, Shaba bin Rabi'a, Umaiya bin Khalaf or Ubai bin Khalaf." (The sub-narrator Shu'ba, is not sure of the last name.) I saw these people killed on the day of Badr battle and thrown in the well except Umaiya or Ubai whose body parts were mutilated but he was not thrown in the well.

--

Bukhari 5:59 -- 340

According to Ali

I had a she-camel which I got in my share from the booty of the battle of Badr, and the Prophet had given me another she camel from the Khumus which ALLAH had bestowed on him that day. And when I intended to celebrate my marriage to FATIMA, the daughter of the Prophet, I made an arrangement with a goldsmith from Bani Qainuqa 'that he should go with me to bring Idhkhir (type of grass used by gold-smiths) which I intended to sell to gold-smiths in order to spend its price on the marriage banquet. While I was collecting ropes and sacks of pack saddles for my two she-camels which were kneeling down beside an Ansari's dwelling and after collecting what I needed, I suddenly found that the humps of the two she-camels had been cut off and their flanks had been cut open and portions of their livers had been taken out. On seeing that, I could not help weeping. I asked, "Who has done that?" They (the people) said, "Hamza bin Abdul Muttalib has done it. He is present in this house with some Ansari drinkers, a girl singer, and his friends. The singer said in her song, "O Hamza, get at the fat she-camels!" On hearing this, Hamza rushed to his sword and cut of the camels' humps and cut their flanks open and took out portions from their livers." Then I came to the Prophet, with whom Zaid bin Haritha was present. The Prophet noticed my state and asked, "What is the matter?" I said, "O Prophet, I have never experienced such a day as today! Hamza attacked my two she-camels, cut off their humps and cut their flanks open, and he is still present in a house along some drinkers." The Prophet asked for his cloak, put it on, and proceeded, followed by Zaid bin Haritha and myself, till he reached the house where Hamza was. He asked the permission to enter, and he was permitted. The Prophet started blaming Hamza for what he had done. Hamza was drunk and his eyes were red. He looked at the Prophet then raised his eyes to look at his knees and raised his eves more to look at his face and then said, "You are not but my father's slaves." When the Prophet understood that Hamza was drunk, he retreated, walking backwards went out and we left with him.

--

Bukhari 5:59 -- 368

According to Aisha

FATIMA and Al Abbas came to Abu Bakr, claiming their inheritance of the Prophet’s land of Fadak and his share from Khaibar. Abu Bakr said, "I heard the Prophet saying, 'Our property is not inherited, and whatever we leave is to be given in charity. But the family of Muhammad can take their sustenance from this property.' By ALLAH, I would love to do good to the Kith and kin of Prophet rather than to my own Kith and kin."

--

Bukhari 5:59 -- 402

According to Abu Hazim

That he heard Sahl bin Sad being asked about the wounds of Prophet saying, "By ALLAH, I know who washed the wounds of Prophet and who poured water (for washing them), and with what he was treated." Sahl added, "FATIMA, the daughter of Prophet used to wash the wounds, and Ali bin Abi Talib used to pour water from a shield. When FATIMA saw that the water aggravated the bleeding, she took a piece of a mat, burnt it, and inserted its ashes into the wound so that the blood was congealed (and bleeding stopped). His canine tooth got broken on that day, and face was wounded, and his helmet was broken on his head."

--

Bukhari 5:59 -- 546

According to Aisha

FATIMA the daughter of the Prophet sent someone to Abu Bakr (when he was a caliph), asking for her inheritance of what Prophet had left of the property bestowed on him by ALLAH from the Fai (booty gained without fighting) in Medina, and Fadak, and what remained of the Khumus of the Khaibar booty. On that, Abu Bakr said, "Prophet said, "Our property is not inherited. Whatever we leave, is Sadaqa, but the family of (the Prophet) Muhammad can eat of this property.' By ALLAH, I will not make any change in the state of the Sadaqa of Prophet and will leave it as it was during the lifetime of Prophet, and will dispose of it as Prophet used to do." So Abu Bakr refused to give anything of that to FATIMA. So she became angry with Abu Bakr and kept away from him, and did not task to him till she died. She remained alive for six months after the death of the Prophet. When she died, her husband Ali, buried her at night without informing Abu Bakr and he said the funeral prayer by himself. When FATIMA was alive, the people used to respect Ali much, but after her death, Ali noticed a change in the people's attitude towards him. So Ali sought reconciliation with Abu Bakr and gave him an oath of allegiance. Ali had not given the oath of allegiance during those months (between the Prophet’s death and FATIMA’S death). Ali sent someone to Abu Bakr saying, "Come to us, but let nobody come with you," as he disliked that Umar should come, Umar said (to Abu Bakr), "No, by ALLAH, you shall not enter upon them alone " Abu Bakr said, "What do you think they will do to me? By ALLAH, I will go to them' So Abu Bakr entered upon them, and then Ali uttered Tashah-hud and said (to Abu Bakr), "We know well your superiority and what ALLAH has given you, and we are not jealous of the good what ALLAH has bestowed upon you, but you did not consult us in the question of the rule and we thought that we have got a right in it because of our near relationship to Prophet ." Thereupon Abu Bakr's eyes flowed with tears. And when Abu Bakr spoke, he said, "By Him in Whose Hand my soul is to keep good relations with the relatives of Prophet is dearer to me than to keep good relations with my own relatives. But as for the trouble which arose between me and you about his property, I will do my best to spend it according to what is good, and will not leave any rule or regulation which I saw Prophet following, in disposing of it, but I will follow." On that Ali said to Abu Bakr, "I promise to give you the oath of allegiance in this after noon." So when Abu Bakr had offered the Zuhr prayer, he ascended the pulpit and uttered the Tashah-hud and then mentioned the story of Ali and his failure to give the oath of allegiance, and excused him, accepting what excuses he had offered; Then Ali (got up) and praying (to ALLAH) for forgiveness, he uttered Tashah-hud, praised Abu Bakr's right, and said, that he had not done what he had done because of jealousy of Abu Bakr or as a protest of that ALLAH had favored him with. Ali added, "But we used to consider that we too had some right in this affair (of rulership) and that he (Abu Bakr) did not consult us in this matter, and therefore caused us to feel sorry." On that all the Muslims became happy and said, "You have done the right thing." The Muslims then became friendly with Ali as he returned to what the people had done (gave oath of allegiance to Abu Bakr).

--

Bukhari 5:59 -- 553

According to Al-Bara

When the Prophet went out for the Umra in the month of Dhal-Qada, the people of Mecca did not allow him to enter Mecca till he agreed to conclude a peace treaty with them by virtue of which he would stay in Mecca for three days only (in the following year). When the agreement was being written, the Muslims wrote: "This is the peace treaty, which Muhammad, the Messenger of ALLAH has concluded." The infidels said (to the Prophet), "We do not agree with you on this, for if we knew that you are Messenger of ALLAH we would not have prevented you for anything (such as entering Mecca), but you are Muhammad, the son of Abdullah." Then he said to Ali, "Erase (the name of) 'Messenger of ALLAH'." Ali said, "No, by ALLAH, I will never erase you (your name)." Then Prophet took the writing sheet - and he did not know a better writing - and he wrote or got it the following written! "This is the peace treaty which Muhammad, the son of Abdullah, has concluded: "Muhammad should not bring arms into Mecca except sheathed swords, and should not take with him any person of the people of Mecca even if such a person wanted to follow him, and if any of his companions wants to stay in Mecca, he should not forbid him." (In the next year) when the Prophet entered Mecca and the allowed period of stay elapsed, the infidels came to Ali and said "Tell your companion (Muhammad) to go out, as the allowed period of his stay has finished." So the Prophet departed (from Mecca) and the daughter of Hamza followed him shouting "O Uncle, O Uncle!" Ali took her by the hand and said to FATIMA, "Take the daughter of your uncle." So she made her ride (on her horse). (When they reached Medina) Ali, Zaid and Jafar quarreled about her. Ali said, "I took her for she is the daughter of my uncle." Jafar said, "She is the daughter of my uncle and her aunt is my wife." Zaid said, "She is the daughter of my brother." On that, the Prophet gave her to her aunt and said, "The aunt is of the same status as the mother." He then said to Ali, "You are from me, and I am from you," and said to Jafar, "You resemble me in appearance and character," and said to Zaid, "You are our brother and our freed slave." Ali said to the Prophet 'Won't you marry the daughter of Hamza?" The Prophet said, "She is the daughter of my foster brother."

--

Bukhari 5:59 -- 597

According to Urwa bin Az-Zubair

A lady committed theft during the lifetime of Prophet in the Ghazwa of Al-Fath, (Conquest of Mecca). Her folk went to Usama bin Zaid to intercede for her (with the Prophet). When Usama interceded for her with Prophet, the color of the face of Prophet changed and he said, "Do you intercede with me in a matter involving one of the legal punishments prescribed by ALLAH?" Usama said, "O Prophet! Ask ALLAH's Forgiveness for me." So in the afternoon, Prophet got up and addressed the people. He praised ALLAH as He deserved and then said, "Amma badu ! The nations prior to you were destroyed because if a noble amongst them stole, they used to excuse him, and if a poor person amongst them stole, they would apply (ALLAH's) Legal Punishment to him. By Him in Whose Hand Muhammad's soul is, if FATIMA, the daughter of Muhammad stole, I would cut her hand." Then Prophet gave his order in the case of that woman and her hand was cut off. Afterwards her repentance proved sincere and she got married. Aisha said, "That lady used to visit me and I used to convey her demands to Prophet."

--

Bukhari 5:59 -- 718

According to Aisha

The Prophet called FATIMA during his fatal illness and told her something secretly and she wept. Then he called her again and told her something secretly, and she started laughing. When we asked her about that, she said, "The Prophet first told me secretly that he would expire in that disease in which he died, so I wept; then he told me secretly that I would be the first of his family to follow him, so I laughed ( at that time)."

--

Bukhari 5:59 -- 739

According to Anas

When the ailment of the Prophet got aggravated, he became unconscious whereupon FATIMA said, "Oh, how distressed my father is!" He said, "Your father will have no more distress after today." When he expired, she said, "O Father! Who has responded to the call of the Lord Who has invited him! O Father, whose dwelling place is the Garden of Paradise (Al-Firdaus)! O Father! We convey this news (of your death) to Gabriel." When he was buried, FATIMA said, "O Anas! Do you feel pleased to throw earth over Prophet?"

--

Bukhari 6:60 -- 248

According to Ali

That one night Prophet came to him and FATIMA and said, "Don't you (both offer the (Tahajjud) prayer?" Ali said, 'When ALLAH wishes us to get up, we get up." The Prophet then recited: 'But man is more quarrelsome than anything.' (18.54) (See Hadith No. 227,Vol. 2) 

--

Bukhari 6:60 -- 294

According to Abu Huraira

Prophet got up when the Verse: “And warn your tribe of near kindred...” (26.214) was revealed and said, "O Quraish people! (or he said a similar word) Buy yourselves! I cannot save you from ALLAH (if you disobey Him) O Bani Abu Manaf! I cannot save you from ALLAH (if you disobey Him). O Abbas! The son of Abdul Muttalib! I cannot save you from ALLAH (if you disobey Him) O Safiya, (the aunt of Prophet) I cannot save you from ALLAH (if you disobey Him). O FATIMA, the daughter of Muhammad ! Ask what you wish from my property, but I cannot save you from ALLAH (if you disobey Him)."

--

 Bukhari 7:62 -- 157

According to Al-Miswar bin Makhrama

I heard Prophet who was on the pulpit, saying, "Banu Hisham bin Al-Mughira have requested me to allow them to marry their daughter to Ali bin Abu Talib, but I don't give permission, and will not give permission unless Ali bin Abi Talib divorces my daughter in order to marry their daughter, because FATIMA is a part of my body, and I hate what she hates to see, and what hurts her, hurts me."

--

Bukhari 7:62 -- 175

According to Abu Hazim

The people differed about the type of treatment which had been given to Prophet on the day (of the battle) of Uhud. So they asked Sahl bin Sad As-Said who was the only surviving Companion (of the Prophet) at Medina. He replied, "Nobody Is left at Medina who knows it better than I. FATIMA was washing the blood off his face and Ali was bringing water in his shield, and then a mat of date-palm leaves was burnt and (the ash) was inserted into the wound."

--

Another women by the name of Fatima bint Qais is mentioned in volume 7 of Sahih Al Bukhari. There are 4 traditions about her. See, Volume 7, Book 63, Numbers 242-245.

--

Bukhari 7:64 -- 274

According to Ali

FATIMA went to the Prophet complaining about the bad effect of the stone hand-mill on her hand. She heard that the Prophet had received a few slave girls. But (when she came there) she did not find him, so she mentioned her problem to Aisha. When the Prophet came, Aisha informed him about that. Ali added, "So the Prophet came to us when we had gone to bed. We wanted to get up (on his arrival) but he said, 'Stay where you are." Then he came and sat between me and her and I felt the coldness of his feet on my abdomen. He said, "Shall I direct you to something better than what you have requested? When you go to bed say ‘Subanalla’ [Glorious is God] thirty-three times, ‘Alamdolillah’ [Praise be to God] thirty-three times, and ‘Allaoakber’ [God is Greatest] thirty-four times, for that is better for you than a servant."

--

Bukhari 7:64 -- 275

According to Ali bin Abi Talib

FATIMA came to the Prophet asking for a servant. He said, "May I inform you of something better than that? When you go to bed, recite ‘Subanalla’ [Glorious is God] thirty-three times, ‘Alamdolillah’ [Praise be to God] thirty-three times, and ‘Allaoakber’ [God is Greatest] thirty-four times. Ali added, 'I have never failed to recite it ever since." Somebody asked, "Even on the night of the battle of Siffin?" He said, "No, even on the night of the battle of Siffin."

--

Bukhari 7:71 -- 618

According to Sahl bin Saud As-Saidi

When the helmet broke on the head of the Prophet and his face became covered with blood and his incisor tooth broke (during the battle of Uhud), Ali used to bring water in his shield while FATIMA was washing the blood off his face. When FATIMA saw that the bleeding increased because of the water, she took a mat (of palm leaves), burnt it, and stuck it (the burnt ashes) on the wound of Prophet, whereupon the bleeding stopped.

--

Bukhari 7:71 -- 620

According to FATIMA bint Al-Mundhir

Whenever a lady suffering from fever was brought to Asma bint Abu Bakr, she used to invoke ALLAH for her and then sprinkle some water on her body, at the chest and say, "Prophet used to order us to abate fever with water."

--

Bukhari 8:73 -- 179

According to Um Hani, (daughter of Abu Talib)

I visited Prophet in the year of the Conquest of Mecca and found him taking a bath, and his daughter, FATIMA was screening him. When I greeted him, he said, "Who is it?" I replied, "I am Um Hani, the daughter of Abu Talib." He said, "Welcome, O Um Hani ! " When the Prophet had finished his bath, he stood up and offered eight Rakat of prayer while he was wrapped in a single garment. When he had finished his prayer, I said, "O Prophet! My maternal brother assumes (or claims) that he will murder some man whom I have given shelter, so-and-so bin Hubaira." Prophet said, "O Um Hani! We shelter him whom you have sheltered." Um Hani added, "That happened in the forenoon."

--

Bukhari 8:73 -- 223

According to Sahl bin Sad

The most beloved names to Ali was Abu Turab, and he used to be pleased when we called him by it, for none named him Abu Turab (for the first time), but the Prophet. Once Ali got angry with (his wife) FATIMA, and went out (of his house) and slept near a wall in the mosque. The Prophet came searching for him, and someone said, "He is there, Lying near the wall." The Prophet came to him while his (Ali's) back was covered with dust. The Prophet started removing the dust from his back, saying, "Get up, O Abu Turab!"

--

Bukhari 8:74 -- 297

According to Sahl bin Sad

There was no name dearer to Ali than his nickname Abu Turab (the father of dust). He used to feel happy whenever he was called by this name. Once Prophet came to the house of FATIMA but did not find Ali in the house. So he asked "Where is your cousin?" She replied, "There was something (a quarrel) between me and him whereupon he got angry with me and went out without having a midday nap in my house." Prophet asked a person to look for him. That person came, and said, "O Prophet! He (Ali) is sleeping in the mosque." So Prophet went there and found him lying. His upper body cover had fallen off to one side of his body, and so he was covered with dust. Prophet started cleaning the dust from him, saying, "Get up, O Abu Turab! Get up, Abu Turab!" (See Hadith No. 432, Vol 1)

--

Bukhari 8:74 -- 301

According to Aisha

He added, 'But this year he reviewed it with me twice, and therefore I think that my time of death has approached. So, be afraid of ALLAH, and be patient, for I am the best predecessor for you (in the Hereafter).' “FATIMA added, "So I wept as you (Aisha) witnessed. And when the Prophet saw me in this sorrowful state, he confided the second secret to me saying, 'O FATIMA! Will you not be pleased that you will be chief of all the believing women (or, chief of the women of this ummah?")

--

Bukhari 8:75 -- 330

According to Ali

FATIMA complained about the blisters on her hand because of using a mill-stone. She went to ask the Prophet for servant, but she did not find him (at home) and had to inform Aisha of her need. When he came, Aisha informed him about it. Ali added: The Prophet came to us when we had gone to our beds. When I was going to get up, he said, "'Stay in your places," and sat between us, till I felt the coolness of the feet on my chest. The Prophet then said, "Shall I not tell you of a thing which is better for you than a servant? When you (both) go to your beds, say ‘Allaoakber’ [God is Greatest] thirty-four times, and ‘Subanalla’ [Glorious is God] thirty-three times, and ‘Alamdolillah’ [Praise be to God] thirty-three times, for that is better for you than a servant."
Ibn Sirin said, ‘Subanalla’ [Glorious is God] (is to be said for) thirty-four times."

--

Bukhari 8:80 -- 718

According to Aisha

FATIMA and Al Abbas came to Abu Bakr, seeking their share from the property of Prophet and at that time, they were asking for their land at Fadak and their share from Khaibar. Abu Bakr said to them, " I have heard from Prophet saying, 'Our property cannot be inherited, and whatever we leave is to be spent in charity, but the family of Muhammad may take their provisions from this property." Abu Bakr added, "By ALLAH, I will not leave the procedure I saw Prophet following during his lifetime concerning this property." Therefore FATIMA left Abu Bakr and did not speak to him till she died.

--

Bukhari 8:81 -- 778

According to Aisha

Usama approached the Prophet on behalf of a woman (who had committed theft). The Prophet said, "The people before you were destroyed because they used to inflict the legal punishments on the poor and forgive the rich. By Him in Whose Hand my soul is! If FATIMA (daughter of the Muhammad) did that (stole), I would cut off her hand."


--

Bukhari 8:81 -- 779

According to Aisha

The Quraish people became very worried about the Makhzumiya lady who had committed theft. They said, "Nobody can speak (in favor of the lady) to Prophet and nobody dares do that except Usama who is the favorite of Prophet. " When Usama spoke to Prophet about that matter, Prophet said, "Do you intercede (with me) to violate one of the legal punishment of ALLAH?" Then he got up and addressed the people, saying, "O people! The nations before you went astray because if a noble person committed theft, they used to leave him, but if a weak person among them committed theft, they used to inflict the legal punishment on him. By ALLAH, if FATIMA, the daughter of Muhammad committed theft, Muhammad will cut off her hand.!"

--

Bukhari 9:92 -- 446

According to Ali bin Abi Talib

That Prophet came to him and FATIMA the daughter of Prophet at their house at night and said, "Won't you pray?" Ali replied, "O Prophet! Our souls are in the Hands of ALLAH and when he wants us to get up, He makes us get up." When Ali said that to him, Prophet left without saying anything to him. While the Prophet was leaving, Ali heard him striking his thigh (with his hand) and saying, "But man is quarrelsome more than anything else." (18.54)

--

Bukhari 9:93 -- 557

According to Ali bin Abi Talib

That one night Prophet visited him and FATIMA, the daughter of Prophet and said to them, "Won 't you offer (night) prayer?.. Ali added: I said, "O Prophet! Our souls are in the Hand of ALLAH and when He Wishes to bring us to life, He does." Then Prophet went away when I said so and he did not give any reply. Then I heard him on leaving while he was striking his thighs, saying, 'But man is, more quarrelsome than anything.' (18.54)

--


No comments:

Post a Comment